02 Dec The Benefits of Solventless, Full Spectrum Products
The Benefits of Solventless, Full Spectrum Products
What is Solventless Hash Oil?
• Solventless Hash Oil, also known as SHO, refers to concentrated cannabis oil that has been extracted without the use of solvents such as butane, propane, or CO2 (carbon dioxide).
• The Solventless process results in a cleaner, high-quality concentrate that accurately contains the full terpene and cannabinoid profile of the strain used for extraction.
• Our SHO is a Live concentrate; “Live” concentrates are made from fresh frozen plant material – meaning the flower is not dried and/or cured before its terpene and cannabinoid content are extracted.
• This is typically categorized as a higher-quality product as more of the phytochemical content will have been preserved.
• Our Solventless process allows for a true Full Spectrum product that provides more accurate effects to the strain used compared to other Broad Spectrum products.
• Our Live Rosin concentrate is a specific version of Solventless Hash Oil, often in a more stabilized format.
• Our SHO Vape Cartridges are a more viscous version of our Live Rosin delivered in a convenient form factor i.e. our Phoenix Nest Platform
What is Full Spectrum?
• The term Full Spectrum is oft-used in cannabis markets, but not all Full Spectrum products are created equal – nor the same.
• Depending on the extraction and processing used, there can be an array of “Full Spectrum” claims that range in effectiveness.
• A true Full Spectrum product maintains the full profile of the cannabis plant – including cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds such as flavonoids – without compromising any aspect of the profile.
Why Does Full Spectrum Matter?
• True Full Spectrum products maintain the full profile of the cannabis plant – including cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds such as flavonoids – without compromising any aspect of the profile.
• From a medical standpoint, this allows patients the full benefits of the entourage effect; the theory that all the various components of the whole-plant work synergistically to boost the effects of the active compounds.
• The cannabis plant consists of over 500 medicinal compounds that all work together to bring the cannabis plant’s unique therapeutic potential to life.
• Full Spectrum processed products allows for extracts to live to their full potential from its flower form.
Why Choose Full Spectrum?
• From a medical standpoint, true Full Spectrum products allow patients the full benefits of the entourage effect; the theory that all the various components of the whole-plant work synergistically, boosting the effects of the active compounds.
• The cannabis plant consists of over 500 medicinal compounds that all work together to bring the cannabis plant’s fullest therapeutic potential to life.
• Full Spectrum products offer unique therapeutic potential of each specific cannabis cultivar – allowing for extracts to live to their full potential from its flower form.
• Effectively, Full Spectrum should provide all of the benefits of the unique cultivar used, in different methods of administration that may be more convenient, portable, or provide different onsets of relief.
Full Spectrum vs. Broad Spectrum Effects
• Full Spectrum cannabis products, in terms of medical relief, have anecdotally suggested increased effects compared to Broad Spectrum.
• Full Spectrum products contain the entire profile of cannabinoids, terpenes, and other whole-plant compounds in their most natural form, rather than a Broad Spectrum processed product that has separated the cannabinoids and terpenes with solvents and then reintroduced these plant compounds later in the process.
• Anecdotal evidence from more mature markets has shown Solventless Hash Oil-infused edibles can provide different effects in users – namely, a smoother, stronger, and longer onset without the uncomfortable peaks associated with other edible options.
To purchase Firelands Scientific Solventless Concentrate products, contact your local dispensary. To find a dispensary carrying Firelands Scientific products near you, visit our Product Locator Tool.
*Per Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program (MMCP) regulations, cannabis flower may only be vaporized via an approved vaporization device. Smoking (combusting) cannabis flower is not permitted.
**Note: MMCP regulations prohibit cannabis concentrates from exceeding 590 milligrams of THC. Additionally, THC must make up no more than 70% of the cannabis product’s total composition.